Raspberry Butter® is an ECOCERT product made of naturally derived materials consisting of octyldodecanol, beeswax and cold pressed red raspberry seed oil. This creamy white paste melts at body temperature, has superb barrier qualities, outstanding skin feel, and excellent emolliency.
Red Raspberry Oil Benefits In Personal Care Products
- Recent studies of red raspberry seeds by Canadian researchers (Oomah et al 2000) show that the most abundant fatty acids found in raspberry oil are linoleic, alphalenolenic, and oleic acids. The composition of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids is one that research proves reduces the effects of oxidative stress in skin.
- Unique because it contains high levels of Vitamin E in the form of alpha-tocopherol and gamma-tocopherol, which are the most active forms of Vitamin E to protect the skin. This tocopherol rich composition has a well known function in skin repair and conditioning, which is related to antioxidant properties. The oil is extremely stable and perfect in applications for sensitive skin.
- Has more pronounced anti-inflammatory properties than avocado, grapeseed, hazelnut and wheatgerm oils and may prove to be the most effective oil to use in the treatment of eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions (Oomah et al 2000).
- Provides the skin broad spectrum protection from damaging UV-A and UV-B rays. The SPF of red raspberry seed oil has been found to be equal to that of titanium dioxide and has been rated to have an SPF as high as 28-50 (Oomah et al 2000).
- Contains Ellagic Acid, which is anti-carcinogenic and anti-mutagenic, as well as being anti-bacterial and anti-viral.
To request a sample of Raspberry Butter®, please fill out our sample request form: Request a Sample